The Standard Group (www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment) Jobs vacancies in Nairobi Kenya today August 2012
The Sub Editors are the gate-keepers who put together the newspaper and ensure that stories are edited to house style and free of errors, and that the presentation in terms of design and layout is appealing and conforms to house style.
Role of the Position
You will be part of our Editorial team under the overall direction of the Group Chief Editor with the
- To edit stories for accuracy, facts, grammar and simplicity.
- To edit pictures selected to go with particular stories.
- Write headlines and captions.
- Lay out pages and sign off for press.
- University degree with a bias ¡n English or Mass Communication
- Training in Journalism
- Minimum of two years experience.
- Well developed analytical skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions and to improvise if necessary.
- Energy and ability to work irregular hours.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- High degree of integrity.