Equity Bank Group Jobs vacancy in Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and South Sudan today september 2012
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading Banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial, services that maximize their opportunities.
With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 8 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently, the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in its four subsidiaries in Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and South Sudan
Marketing Communication Officers
4 Positions – One in each subsidiary; Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and South Sudan
The role holder will, be responsible for supporting the communications department in communications, advertising, promotion, event management activities, public relations and other related roles as shall be assigned.
Reporting to the Managing Director in the respective subsidiaries, the role holder will, be expected to perform the following duties;
Reporting to the Managing Director, and in liaison with General Manager Communications at Equity Bank Group, the candidate will be responsible for all communication tasks relating to the subsidiary which will include PR, advertising, in line with the communication strategy of the subsidiary.
- Coordinate sponsorships, events and promotional activities involving the Bank.
- Ensure proper preparation and execution of events including brand visibility in such events through identifying branding opportunities.
- Identify opportunities, sponsorships, promotions for marketing and sales.
- Manage promotional collateral for the Bank in the respective subsidiary.
- Content generation for the Intranet platform.
- Focal point for online content for the subsidiary in working collaboration with team leaders in the subsidiary.
- Liaison with the Communication and Advertising team in the head office to achieve brand standardization of all communication materials.
- Support in content development of all communication materials so as to ensure relevance of messages to the target audience.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in communication, marketing and advertising or a business related field.
- Professional training in communication, public relations and event management.
- Over 3 years relevant experience in marketing, event management or corporate communication in a large organization.
Desired Skills and Ability
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work well under minimum supervision.
- Flexible, ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Creative thinker and fast learner, ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Team player.
- Computer proficiency.
If you meet the above qualifications, submit your application quoting the job you are applying for to the email, address below by 1st October 2012.
Please include detailed curriculum vitae, copies of the relevant certificates, testimonials, current pay and daytime telephone contact and email address.
All applications should be sent online through the email indicated below.
Email to: email@example.com
Applicants should clearly indicate in which subsidiary they are applying for the job.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace.